Mark Twain was quoted saying, "When one has tasted watermelon he knows what the angels eat." We have been indulging in this incredibly delicious nutritious snack all summer. We all know how amazing fruits and veggies are. Watermelon is loved by all, especially kids. It is also fairly cost effective and abundant. Switch out your next (or kids' next) sugary snack for watermelon. Here are the health facts on watermelon and a fun video on how to cut watermelon quick and easy.
- Watermelon is 92% water
- Packs a punch of vitamin A, B6 and C along with lycopene, antioxidants, and amino acids
- Good for hydration: juice is filled with electrolytes.
- Lot's of fiber, which means... Yep, good digestion
- Vitamin A is awesome for your skin and hair; it encourages new collagen growth and elastic cells. Vitamin C aids in this as well.
- Amino acids, citruline and arginine, help with circulation and reduce soreness after work outs.
- Antioxidants, in particular lycopene has been linked to reducing prostate cancer cell proliferation according to National Cancer Institute.